Often people charged with illegal offence, break the rules and regulations of the court knowingly or unknowingly. Thus, if you face any complaint or charged with criminal offense, it is best to understand the kind of offences disrespecting the court orders.
Few of the prominent court offenses:
- Contempt of court orders: Mainly in every county it is of two kinds.
- Civil contempt: Mainly deals with family matters like in divorce proceedings, disregarding child support, ancestral asset disputes or other family issues. If the person isn’t paying respect to the court orders, then he/she can be charged on contempt of court. Sometimes the offensive person can even be sentenced to stay behind bars for considerable time period. A well acclaimed attorney will assist in gaining relief quickly.
- Criminal contempt: Disrespecting the court orders may result in severe sentence to be endured or high fine. Consulting an expert attorney dealing in criminal offense becomes essential to reduce the time period of the sentence. It can take place directly or indirectly. If disrespect is conducted in the court room, it means direct contempt of the court proceedings. Indirect contempt occurs outside the court premises by not abiding the order of the court statements.
- Enforcement: Often people violate the orders of the court due to personal reasons. To enforce the stated verdict a court can enforce monetarily or even sentence the person to jail. The court has even the liability to cease the property of the offender and suspend the working license of the person disrespecting the court order.
- Modification: Appealing for the change in the court verdict generally happens in divorce proceedings or in other family disputes. The modification can be applied for child custody in divorce proceedings, spouse support matters, visitation rights to be extended or child support monetary aid to be reduced or decreased.
Violations of the court orders are considered to be a serious offence in some counties. Sometimes, the person can be even sentenced to jail for few years. Whether it is civil or criminal contempt, it doesn’t matter as the verdict of the judge need to be followed when the final judgment is declared.
Modifications of the court final statements are often done in family courts. Even in divorce cases when the spouses prefer to stay together after resolving the differences, they apply to withdraw the case in order to make the marriage legally accepted. The person needs to change the verdict statement of the court to apply freshly. The process can be simple or complex, all depending upon the kind of case.
It is best not to contempt the court orders. Implementing the statement of the court will help in staying away from the wrath of the court. If you live in Gig harbor, it will be quite helpful to appoint Gig Harbor contempt attorney to represent your case in the court. Know more about the court judgment violation acts from various websites where skilled lawyers have provided details about such acts.